Silversmith William Lee wins Craft Prize 2023
时间:2023-12-01 05:05:10 出处:직업阅读（143）
Silversmith William Lee is the winner of this year's Craft Prize, an annual craft award given by the Culture Ministry and the Korea Craft and Design Foundation.
Lee, based in Seoul, studied silversmithing and metalwork at Camberwell College of Arts, part of the University of London.
He re-creates a form of traditional Korean ceramics with silver that features delicate flowing lines and subtle marks that appear to be melted on the surface.
Lee's silver objects -- such as vessels and jars -- are created exclusively by hand hammering, a basic technique that has been central to his artistic practice. Lee’s creations include a 50-centimeter-tall silver moon jar created out of a silver panel that weighs 11 kilograms, made by hammering only.
- Criminal procedures for foreigners in Korea
- Samsung sets up control tower for new growth drivers
- [KH explains] Hyundai to sell vehicles on Amazon in US sales push
- [이번 주 리뷰]北,군사위성 발사…정부 온라인 장애속출(20~25일)
- Yoon orders increased defense of public digital infrastructure
- Van Cleef & Arpels touring exhibition brings sparkles to Seoul
- Tax refund limit to be doubled for tourists
- 이상민 "현실적 선택지는 국민의힘…12월 초까지 거취 결정"
- YouTuber suspected of livestreaming after taking drugs