500 bird strikes reported in past 5 years: data
时间:2023-12-01 05:38:57 出处:컴퓨터阅读（143）
A total of 500 aircraft incidents involving bird collisions have been reported in airports across South Korea over the past five years, according to data Wednesday.
According to the data unveiled by Rep. Heo Jong-sik of the main opposition Democratic Party, the total number of aircraft bird strike cases during takeoff and landing totaled 500 since 2019. The lawmaker cited the data submitted by airport authorities.
Gimpo International Airport in western Seoul and Gimhae International Airport in Busan, 320 kilometers southeast of the capital, accounted for 115 and 112 cases, respectively. Six cases involved aircraft having to return to their place of origin.
The number of personnel tasked with preventing bird strikes stood at 113 at airports across the country. (Yonhap)
- S. Korea's English proficiency slips 13 notches to 49th
- SKC to build bioplastics plant in Vietnam
- Posco to build joint venture with US grain company
- '코로나 봉쇄' 북한, 국경 열었다…3년8개월 만에 외국인 입국
- YouTuber suspected of livestreaming after taking drugs
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Early Koreanists on verge of extinction overseas
- NK slams Yoon's warning against Pyongyang
- Political strife may delay Korea’s launch of new space agency
- Trilateral cooperation unaffected by US election outcomes: Goldberg